Our collagen chews are made from the inner layer of skin called the dermis. The dermis makes up about 90% of the skin's thickness and contains collagen and elastin, unlike rawhide which is made from the epidermis, the outermost skin layer. The dermis is easier to digest and contains multiple health benefits including:
- General joint and bone health
- The collagen protein is the building block of your pets bones, joints, cartilage, connective tissues, and blood vessels. Consuming collagen is a great way to maintain the health of these important structures.
- Osteoarthritis and joint pain
- Collagen benefits the health of your dog's joints and can help increase mobility in arthritic joints and reduce lameness. It also is a great preventative before any issues arise or for very active dogs that do a lot of running and jumping.
- Healthy skin and coat
- Collagen helps your dogs skin and hair to grow strong, by reinforcing the foundation, their dermis layer.
- Improve digestion
- Collagen helps improve your dogs gut function by maintaining the villi of the intestines.
Feb 3, 2023